Saturday, September 29, 2012

Sow, Sew, So...

I have really been struck this week by 2 different quotes:

This one I saw on a friends Facebook page:

What you allow is what will continue.

This one on the page in a Bible:

Romans 6:7 "Do not be deceived:  God cannot be mocked.  A man reaps what he sows."

What am I sowing?  Thank goodness--it's not sewing--all sewing skill genes are in the  shallow end of my pool.(A hot glue gun shouldn't count for sewing in my case.)  My grand-mother, mom and aunts can sew---me no SO much.....
I love the many illustrations of sowing from the Bible---also having farmers and gardeners in my family again,.... me--not SO much.

James 3:18  "Peacemakers who sow in peace raise a harvest of righteousness."  So, what is my problem?  Why do I seem to live as though if I sow contention and strife that my garden will yield righteousness?  If I'm not sowing patience and kindness how in the world do I expect a great crop to come forth?!?


SO what?....I have a choice in what I sow---it can be greed, envy, bitterness--that is up to me.  I'd much prefer a garden that people would like to see--one NOT full of weeds, rocks, thorns...I'm just sayin...

No comments:

Post a Comment