Monday, September 17, 2012

Reason 527 to NOT stack dishes in the sink...

My brother and I have a saying we use often in our phone conversations, "You can't make this stuff up!"  Tonight held one of those moments...
Since Friday we have been going about 100 miles an hour in several different directions, packing up our house, throwing out stuff we shouldn't have moved 10 months ago, making good on a promised ou of town book sale to Grant, going to a Rehearsal Dinner, Mark singing in a wedding, having a blast at said wedding reception and staying up later than we usually do, starting an exercise program with my son who has been on you all summer to do a 10 minute workout with him.....SO, being the great house-wife that I am I needed to get dishes out of the sink and into the dishwasher....I am certain that this terrible continual pattern I seem to have is at the top of Mark's pet-peeve list--leaving dishes in the sink and not doing something with them.
PERHAPS and just perhaps I learned my lesson; when I got to the bottom of the pile....there was a FROG--yes you read that correctly---frog---what I think happened was that I brought in a planter that was outside and hangs on the house with live plants that I put in water.  I have seen frogs in it before--the planter is greenish and frogs can really blend in with this particular shade...Mark heard the distress in  my voice and came quickly to my aid!  We had a great laugh over this.  But, I also remarked later, "I think this thing has been in here since Saturday"  Can't tell you how thankful I am that this little critter was NOT on the disposal side--he is safe to hop another day.  Just sayin'...

No comments:

Post a Comment