Thursday, September 20, 2012

Aren't they adorable?!?

Kids say the darndest things.....Well darn it--one of them did today...
Got the privilege of reading with a group of kids at school.  After they'd finish reading they can take a quiz on the computer that tests their comprehension skills.  Of course I had to go to the "when I was a girl speech of we didn't have computers."  Wide-eyed they were astounded, "REALLY--what did you have?"  "Well, paper and pencils."  One youngin' spoke up, "They didn't have any FUN.  It was the OLD DAYS!"  I would have to disagree with her statement...but I let it go!
What did impress them though was when I told them about our fire drills at school.  We jumped out the window.  They wanted to know how tall the school was and didn't you get hurt a lot etc....in reality we didn't have far to jump and playing on the playground had to be much more hazardous, I'm sure.  After all, we did have to cross the street to get there.  But alas, I can just hear some of the boys at supper tonight--Mrs. Ringenberg jumped off her school when she was my age and they had a fire-drill...you can't make this stuff up-- I'm just sayin'...

No comments:

Post a Comment