Thursday, February 24, 2011

The stuff that doesn't make the christmas letter...

I'm not a big Christmas letter person anyway(writing them that is) of all holidays I actually am not a fan of this one.  I LOVE to CELEBRATE CHRIST'S BIRTH--but it is the other trappings of this time that are difficult for me to navigate.  Celebrating His Resurrection, along with the season of Lent is much more endearing to me.  I'm wondering if other Melancholy people feel as I do--I can hardly wait for the 26th of December!!!

Mark and I are working through a rough patch in our marriage.  I seem to have a real knack for saying what people want to hear---the word for that is LYING.  I just like to fluff that up--sounds less SINFUL---

I am a volcano--I might be latent for years(you'd have to check with Mark on that) but when I blow----WATCH OUT....May the dear Lord forbid you come anywhere near me!!!

I am studying the book of JONAH right now with a dear friend.  My life resembles him more than I care to admit.  I'm thankful for a God that allows my stupid wanderings, the discipline of my own mistakes and welcomes me back with open and loving arms....I'm just sayin.....

No comments:

Post a Comment