Saturday, February 19, 2011

Diary of a Joyful White Woman...

Anyone who gets within 2 feet of me knows I love Tyler Perry movies...I just do....My sister in law Hayley drug me to Diary of a Mad Black Woman when it came out.  At first I wondered--why am I going--but this is me--the same woman who has gone to the Black Expo in Dayton, OH--and other events like that where I have been a minority...so sure I'll go. DofaMBW is one of my top 5 faves as is The Family That Preys--why you may ask...Because I believe that at the heart of these movies--there is a very strong Christian message of love and redemption.
Mark has tried to get me to the stage plays that Tyler is in and for one reason or another, it has not worked out.  Grant loves to watch Meet the Browns(the movie) with me.  So, for now, that is as close as I am getting to Mr. Tyler Perry.  Love him---because in a crazy, mixed up world--his movies reflect--Christian, positive, Christ centered redemptive family values...(Hope you get to read today's entry Tyler--I'm sure you are a secret follower of my blog since I follow yours....)
I am going through a very rough patch in my own personal life and it have greatly hurt in some fashion or another those quite dear to me.  Christ's love lavished on me through the love, prayers and painful truth of God's word have gotten me through. Mark and I have been reading 2 particular Bible passages.  He said that we will read them until we get them.  Love him---much more than Tyler Perry.....I'm just sayin.....

1 comment:

  1. ***smile***

    Love you, Brenda! Don't know what I would do without you in my life!

    ReplyDelete