Tuesday, August 21, 2012

At my school again....

Sung to the tune of:   On The Road Again..    "At my school again, I'm back at my favorite school again, In the classroom, lunch-room, black-top, sometimes gym, So glad to see the Jefferson Jets again!"

 I'm trying to come up with a kid-friendly version of When You're a Jet...from West Side Story..that's going to take a little longer...give me a day or two--after I stop putting my feet up and my head on a pillow after school! (And going to bed before the sun does...)  Any youth I once felt, somehow gets left on the playground and doesn't come home with me--but I wouldn't trade it for anything. 

I am blessed to be working with my husband again at Jefferson Elementary--although that may be short-lived as he has finished his Praxis in Business Ed and should be snatched up anytime soon by a great regional High School!

In the meantime--we will get used to being on our feet all day, wearing sensible shoes and granting grace to one another as we come home dog-tired, but with smiles on our faces...

Go volunteer at your local elementary school....you will understand...I'm just sayin'...

No comments:

Post a Comment